View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
Julian, I am not in a position to say if you can or can not hear a difference using aftermarket jumpers with your MA7000. In my mind, to assume that you do, you also have to assume that the stock jumpers are in some way degrading and that McIntosh knowingly provides jumpers with their integrated amps that sound inferior. I do not have any basis or reason to substantiate these assumptions and they are not consistent with my conversations with the engineers at McIntosh.
William,

What's with the rational thought on an audio forum.

As to the MA6600/MA7000. I've owned both, compared them closely, and think they sound more similar than different.

Now, those jumpers things. I tried some from audioquest on my MA7000 and I didn't notice any difference. I was going to borrow another MA7000 from my dealer and put it in the system so I could compare one with jumpers and one without, but I decided that was more effort than I wanted to expend on the matter. However, I did order two pair of dussy jumpers from Jena Labs just to check them out. I hope they arrive before I sell my MA7000.

Last edited by KMC45; 04-01-2011 at 02:42 PM.