View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 07:40 PM
George

“Do you use any fancy network switch etc to achieve the same sound quality vs internal storage?”

No. I use a wall wart wifi extender ($59) placed in a nearby outlet to plug in my Ethernet cable. Now to be honest, I do use a EtherRegen box as well… but I just threw it in when purchasing my amp… so I really don’t know exactly how much improvement it provided. It is reviewed as an improvement. But I can’t say. A good quality streamer cashes, and isolates. But even the EtherRegen wax only $640(?)… you could add later.

What is completely life changing is no longer being confined to what you have purchased. It is a completely different paradym… at first for some a bit disconcerting… then completely liberating. When there is no sound quality penalty for streaming the whole world is open… and Qobuz has about 500,000 albums in high resolution formats. I am currently listening to an East African jazz band… they are amazing. No longer confined to yet another copy of Kind of Blue… there is a whole world of audiophile sound quality stuff. There are also high def radio stations all over the world… you may discover you like Madagascar'n Sca jazz… there is probably 15 channels out there (I just made that up)… but the variety and quality is simply astonishing. I went out looking for odd music types and it is unbelievably rich and deep. I only listened to Kind of Blue once in the last couple years and compared between my streamer and vinyl and, well I don’t remember my conclusion…. Which clearly says there was no material difference.

So, the $xxx you spend on streaming becomes a bargain. I assure you my streamers are the best money I spent in my life.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 05-09-2022 at 08:03 PM.