View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 07:59 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Yep, they're based in Newbury Park, California.

I spent all last evening listening to the Constellation Inspiration One integrated.

As it is literally brand-new with zero hours of burn-in on the clock, and as it was just off the UPS truck and had virtually no time to settle, for the first hour it was very clean and quiet, but a bit "closed-in" sounding with respect to imaging.

Right off the bat, noise floor (quietness), transparency, and resolution are really excellent, and I expect will continue to get even better. Neutrality, resolution, and tonal accuracy are amongst the best I've ever heard.

Over the course of the evening, the Inspiration started to open up and "clear it's voice". The soundstage is larger, more spacious, extended and airy and the ability to render subtlety of timbre and texture will give you goose-pimples. As a result, the presentation is more defined, complex, and most importantly, nuanced.

As I'm literally finishing up writing the review of the ART150 amp today, this bad boy will be getting some serious hours on it to get it fully "on the cam" as we say in motor racing.

Go ahead, Constellation Inspiration...twist my arm.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.