Thread: Higher End DACs
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufguy73 View Post
I’ve often seen folks talk about dcs in the same light as esoteric (at least with respect to dac, if not transport/player).

Is there something marked about esoteric you feel puts it firmly ahead of dcs, comparing across both at similar price point models?
No. I also like dCS a lot. crwilli likes Esoteric. It's quite impossible as he says to truly audition really expensive gear because I think listening to it at a dealer is pretty worthless. So you find an established brand like Esoteric or dCS whose sound you really like and move up the line to the ultimate gear. Often times your dealer will give you a better price if they know they may have repeat business as you upgrade.

I understand that with dCS some of their gear is upgradable without a trade in.

I would be very very happy to own either Esoteric or dCS as I believe their sound superb.

I know that some would raise their eyebrows but I believe I have an extremely cost effective system. If I could, I would own Esoteric or dCS for digital. It really depends on where you want to spend your money, unless you have unlimited funds. crwilli is fortunate because he has found his speakers and his amps. I don't think he's "stuck" at all. He's in a really good place to move up the Esoteric line, if he wants and I am sure his Strads and 2301's would do the move justice.

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 02-08-2020 at 07:07 PM.