Thread: MT10 trade in?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 06:37 PM

My wife has been thoroughly amused by the comments, much appreciated. But in all seriousness it being a gift should not be taking into account to base your opinion. She is not going to be offended and actually has been looking at TT with me.

Again, this has nothing to do with sound, I’m still waiting on the MA12000. Hell the MT10 is temporarily sitting on a shelf plugged in the 205/121 system. Hopefully I will receive the isolation pads from HRS this week, and the stain guy is also scheduled to be done. Now if McIntosh would send the 12000 I will be in business. We did get the five shelf unit so some of these suggestions will be revisited. What phono amps should I be looking at?

Another big reason I was looking at the VPI is being able to have two arms and cartridges on the same setup. Changing cartridges from stereo to mono looks like quite the process. I need to spend a lot more time understanding that. Maybe just use the mono button on the amp?

Before this thread I was dead set on turning the MT10 in. Now I’m closer to 50/50, maybe even leaning towards keeping it.