View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBoy View Post
I have 4 Isophon ph-2132 coaxial drivers 97db. They have Alnico magnets, a high Qts and should be fine in an open baffle. The issue with re-coning Isophons is that there no OEM spec parts that I know of.

I also have a pair of Wild Burro Audio 8 inch Alnico drivers for open baffles. I'm going to get these going first. I have some 1.5 inch thick pine panels to mount them in and will also try them in a flat pack enclosure from Parts Express, with the backs off or vented.

https://www.parts-express.com/PA-Kno...2-Driv-245-324
Do your Isophons need re-coning? One of the sites I contacted told me if I gave them certain specs of the driver, they may be able to find suitable parts. I could see that being a long shot though.

That Wild Burro stuff is pretty cool, I'd really like to know how that project turns out and sounds with your Inspire gear. Also, it would be great to hear the differences between the various mounting/enclosure options. That type of project looks much closer to my current skill level.

Good luck! Sounds like you have some cool stuff to play with! Look forward to updates on the Burro's