View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 03:06 AM

I see the connection. Those Isophon drivers look incredibly similar to the Saba green cones. Which ones do you have? Do you currently use them & if so, what kind of enclosure are they in? What are your impressions?

The more I look at that Saba Friedberg Automatic 3DS, the more I think it's in pretty good shape minus the 10" drivers & the silk on the front that the mice ate. It appears complete otherwise.

I had thought to just pull the guts for restoration and in the mean time temporarily make it so I can hook one of my amps up to the speakers in the enclosure while making a long-term project out of restoring the circuits.

But... then I flash forward to X-years down the line when I find it half disassembled and think I'd be better off selling the whole radio to someone who is interested in restoring it instead & who has the skills to do so. It was picked up for cheap at a flea market anyway.

I've got a lot of projects going on, probably best to find some local interest in the radio and sell it.

Thanks for allowing me catharsis via forum posts.

Good advice Floridaboy!