Thread: Need a CR-1?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 08:56 AM
Racing Hoopties

Default Need a CR-1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
To reiterate, I believe that in order to get a smooth response you need to use a crossover. the odds of getting a smooth response without a crossover and measurements are very low. Even if you use REW or another measurement tool to get a smooth response without a crossover, it's very likely that at some frequencies the sub and your main speakers are cancelling each other thus putting higher demands on your speakers and amps and increasing distortion.

I agree. I only use REW to show me the rooms issues, model my room to show possible placement locations and chart results. I do not play around with any of its EQ capabilities.

I believe most rooms have some issues with bass that a good crossover and sub will help alleviate through placement of the mains, the listening position and sub followed by educated setup of the crossover points, volumes and time/phase alignment.
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Last edited by crwilli; 05-30-2019 at 03:29 PM.