View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkorbal View Post
Blackfield. You may be interested in this post by Stephen.

https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...97&postcount=7

I started with Bluesound and migrated over to using Roon core and the DA2 usb in my c2700 with an optical bridge much like described in the post. Much lower noise floor and better detail because of it. You may want to consider.
Thank you! Awesome diagram and just in time for my need.

I think I will go the above route, albeit a more modest one.

1. I have a powerful PC at home (on another room) that runs 24x7, I can install Roon Core here. The PC is connected to ethernet. Since this is on another room, PC fan noise is not a concern.

2. On the listening room, there is an ethernet jack. I can get OpticalRendu + power supply+FMC bundle and run ethernet cable to this. Then, get a good USB cable to connect it to MA12000.

Not sure if there is significant sonic difference/signal noise between a dedicated PC like sonicTransporter vs. powerful PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
I have a Bluesound Node that is good for a modest second system. The sound quality is not sufficient for the system in my signature, even running it through the Yggy. So I think you need to go a step up. Aurender sound quality is much better. I have not heard the others.

I use a Naim Uniti Core--ripped CDs only, no streaming--it has the other features you mention and is in the price range. Sound quality is better than streaming, but not as convenient.

Last edited by Blackfield; 12-16-2021 at 04:06 PM.