View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Paul.......I am a PMC speaker advocate. I think they produce a fantastic product. I own a pair of PMC EB1i speakers and will likely never part with them, but if I did it would be for a pair of PMC IB2i speakers. The PMC IB2i speakers can handle plenty of power but they are efficient at 89dB @ 1 watt/1 meter. Your MC275's are producing approximately 180 watts per channel in mono mode which is ample power for nearly any volume level a person would be likely to use. I powered my PMC EB1i's with a single MC275, then two MC275's and was pleased with the sound and the volume level I could achieve. In my opinion the IB2i's are a real step up from the Harbeth M40.1's which are also less efficient at 85dB @ 1 watt/1 meter. I am confident you will be quite pleased to own and enjoy the PMC IB2i speakers. I know I would.
Dan...Thanks a lot. I guess you are really enjoying your EB1i's. I loved the M40.1's fantastic mid range ( warm and romantic on Jazz and Vocal ) May I ask how is the PMC house sounds you can describe on Mid range ? I do understand they have a excellent low end and 22lbs mid range driver on this IB2i but how you compare with the Harbeth or any other BBC monitor sounds ?