View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgn-dt-n View Post
Hi Isaacc7

why shouldn't different rctifier sound different?
yes, I know that they only convert the electricity.
but do not sound different power cables, rca cables and various bases and coasters also different...
I don't know if it's the material, the crystalline molecular structure, the structure, the connection pins or the vacuum. in the end, I am also disgusted. a difference can be heard.

I have some 6j5 which look absolutely identical except for the lettering of the manufacturer, but sound completely different.
I am a real skeptic when it comes to external tweaks, especially when it comes to things like power cables and I guess cables in general. Vibration reduction could impact sound quality for things like turntables and amps that have microphonic tubes. As far as your tubes go I can think of logical explanations like different runs of tubes having slightly different coatings, wire spacing, etc. that we can't see.

I'm willing to put my skepticism to the test as long as it doesn't cost much. Like I said, I'll get a different 5y3 the next time I order tubes as see if it makes any difference. So many tweaks, including rectifiers, cost so much. I would rather put significant expenses towards new speakers instead