View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 08:16 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by saru View Post
Looking specifically to @Puma_Cat but anyone please chime in, what might be the biggest bang-for-buck improvements to my ER at this stage, and in what order? For instance, should I upgrade my ethernet out to streamer before adding a clock or LPS, that sort of thing. While eventually I expect I'll trick the whole thing out, I'm inclined to place larger spend on other electronics first, such as swapping my Furman PC out for a Denali.
1st: Better Ethernet cable. My reco is Shunyata Venom-X or if you have funds to go higher up the chain, then Alpha, Sigma or Omega Ethers, depending on your budget.

2nd: Better clock: Get the AfterDark clock for about ~$550 or so (I forgot the exact price). Connect it to the clock port of your EtherREGEN. This will make a BIG difference. The AfterDark Master Clock brought a big improvement to the sound quality of my digital streaming set-up. Like...a BIG improvement.

3rd: Get the AfterDark linear power supply for powering the AfterDark clock *and* your EtherREGEN. They're only ~$275 and they're also really excellent. In fact, I'm going replace the Keces P3 that powers my SOtM SMS-200 UltraNeo with another AfterDark LPS, because the AfterDark LPS just flat smokes it with respect to sound quality. And it's cheaper at $275.

Also, the Denali will bring a significant improvement over the Furman. Be sure to use a good PC for it, minimally Shunyata Delta XC, but notably better with an Alpha or Sigma XC (this makes a big difference because the higher-spec PC provides more charge for the QR/BB device in Denali). Once you get the Denali, be sure to connect a good quality ground cable from the ground terminal on the EtherREGEN to the the GP-NR terminal on your Denali. This also provide a notable increase in audio quality.

Hope this helps...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-05-2022 at 08:23 PM.