View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
... Current setup is using the Rotel stereo amp as a "via" point. I would think that would add additional "flavor" or coloration to the signal going to the subs...
Steve, please clarify: saying "additional flavor", do you allude to 1) presence of any additional power amp in the chain, or 2) employing apparently lesser amp on such a critical position, instead of, say, another Krell..??

1) As I said, I just follow REL's strong recommendation of high-level inputs as the optimal way to hook up subs, in order to preserve the best timing.

2) I understand, but this is "only bass"... Actually, the critical issue is whether a lesser amp like Rotel, positioned between the Phantom and RELs, will "corrupt" the LF signal sound quality come from Phantom, or will not. My opinion is that the RELs will perform their own task as good as they can, with a relatively minor influence from the power amp that feeds them with the LF signal come from the Phantom. BTW, Rotel RB-1090 is maybe not Krell, but is far from slouch with 380Wpc, 2x1,25 kVA transformers etc, which is more than enough to feed RELs with decent amount of current. I am still far from any idea to consider another Krell on that position, since I am fully satisfied with the present solution, at least for now... Maybe, one beautiful day, but not soon, for sure.