View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 03:41 PM

John, absolute congrats!. I believe the 3500 is the most powerful and finest tube power amplifier on the planet. In tube amps watts really do matter since the sonics do not deteriorate as the amp approaches clipping. But you never want any amp to clip as it may it may damage the amp or destroy a tube.

I know that with my XVX I need at least 500 continuous watts to feel comfortable. I think that you will discover a new vitality and resolution in your bass as you listen more. I know that very surprisingly the 3500's bass is superior to my 1.25KW's. The difference is not night and day but easy to hear nevertheless. Strangely, this difference also extends into the very low bass range below 25 Hz. I can't say enough about the operation of my 3500's. In years past I treated my MC275 just like ti was a solid state amp. I turned it on and off when I was through listening. I do the same for my 3500's. So far it has been rock solid. I attribute some of this to my AQ Niagara 5000 power conditioners and 20 amp lines direct to the fuse box, one per amp. Also two Dragon HC power cords per amp. I have zero hum at the XVX with the volume set at 100% with all sources. I have never tried this with my tuner. My system is dead quiet. I think with top quality amps the ancillaries are quite important.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. They are the last amps I will ever buy. Again congratulations!

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 09-10-2022 at 03:45 PM.