View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubau View Post
This is my first post so please be kind.

I have both the Dirty Weekends and the Soul Supremes. Run them with a Bottlehead Steromour II 2A3, Marantz 2270, or Mcintosh C26/MC2205.

The Dirty Weekends are a great deal and sound very close to the 4x more expensive Soul Supremes. I needed a speaker my wife would accept for our craftsman style home and that's why the Soul Supremes are in cherrywood.

The low powered Steromour II with either set of speakers is fantastic. If you listen to vocals then you will like the speakers. They do very well with acoustic guitar as well. Put on Linda Ronstadt Around Midnight and you feel like it's a private club performance. Pink Floyd does well with them too. The Marantz 2270 does a nice job driving them but classic rock and these speakers don't mix. Lucky for me I like the music where they are perform best.

The Dirty Weekends were around $1,000 and I think a value.

It took me some time to dial in the Soul Supremes by setting the floor height and angle. About 1/2" off a stone base with a slight rake backward and the speaker cabinet started to get this rich base Cello sound like a wood instrument. It's very pleasing and gives great depth to vocal and wood instrument pieces.

I did add the capacitor upgrade to the Dirty Weekends.

Good Luck and hope you like yours.

Welcome to AA!
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v