Thread: Streaming MQA
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 01:58 AM
George

A note on streaming that I have learned over the last few years. The streamer in an audio chain maters... big time. It is very analogous to the analog system. The further up the chain the more important the device. I was formerly of the opinion that the thing that spits digital bits... which are then retimed (in the case of USB) and changed to analog in the DAC was not important. Wow, that is so not true. Now the most expensive component I own is my streamer (no DAC) and it was worth every penny of the $22K. So matching the quality of the streamer to your system is really important.

Anyway looking at your system I am guessing if you want to improve the sound you will want to be looking at upgrading your streamer when you can... then all the MQA stuff will go away. Personally I like Aurender... I have owned a number of streamers, including Auralic, and several Aurender.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 01-27-2021 at 02:06 AM.