Thread: Streaming MQA
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 03:29 PM

Default Streaming MQA

While I’m not new to digital streaming, a lot of things have changed since my Squeezebox days in 2007. While I enjoy vinyl and R2R recordings, the world is at your fingertips when streaming endless possibilities with a lot of streaming service options. I have had higher end DACs(MDA 1000), but as I venture back into streaming, I want to make sure my components are working together and I’d like to reduce the number of boxes in my system. Right now I am streaming both Qobuz and Tidal from a Bluesound node 2i Into my C-2200. My desire is to make sure I am able to get MQA quality streams since that is now available. The Node says it decodes MQA, and it has a built in DAC, but that seems easy for the small investment of the Node. I have a C-2700 on order that replaces the C-2200, and it has a well regarded DAC built in and upgradeable. But it doesn’t do MQA. I doesn’t seem correct that the Nodes DAC does, the Mc DAC does not. So does that mean that my stream gets dumbed down if I run it through the C-2700? That doesn’t seem correct. So what am I getting wrong? And btw, the node was really an attempt to get my system back up and going. I’ve been looking at other devices such as Auralic and Lumin.
Main System MC-2102--C-2700--HiFi Rose 150B--MVP-901--Revox PR-99mkiii--Klipschorns- - Shunyata Denali 6000v2 --Sota Star Sapphire Turntable with vacuum—SME series iV.Vi—Sumiko Blackbird— WireWorld power and interconnect cables MC-205–MX-100