Thread: New Maggie LRS
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
So how are they? How’s the bass in what appears to be a small room??
Yes, the tea room is small. AND boxy...comin’ in at 14x13x8. Bass: MIA first 14 hours; grew concerned maybe my goods were damaged? The delicious mids kept me entertained and patient. From there bass emerged gradually but somewhat lacking in slam and depth.

Past and current Maggie owners have shared bass will improve around 400 hours in. Currently, the little ones have 128 hours on the books. Interestingly, I went from waiting for bass to evolve to me being the one evolving around the bass presentation of the LRS. The bass returned is one of quality - taut, focused & quick. Few nights back, I leashed the maggies up my tube monaural amps. Played a studio session on vinyl with Nathan East, Keiko Matsui, Steve Forman & Vince Colaiuta. The texture of Nathan’s bass as his fingers ran around that neck...yessir!!!

Horizons: skip the sub and focus on getting the .7 or 1.7; pursue vintage speakers eventually.

Note .: speakers are appx 48” from wall behind; 48” from sidewall; 56” from each other; still evaluating seated position & speaker location.

Last edited by Shizukana_1; 03-28-2020 at 02:18 PM.