View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 05:28 AM
Semi-audiophile

I remember my very first LP purchase, Diana Ross and the Supremes Greatest Hits way back in 1968, followed by The Ventures' Hawaii Five-O. I may pull one or both of those out for a listen at some point.

Though I don't play records as much as I used to (time and schedule issues), I have a turntable, and too many records not to have one. Many of my LPs didn't make it to CD, so if I want to listen to them, it would be on the LP.

The already-mentioned brands are good—Pro-Ject, Rega, VPI. Music Hall and Elac have sub-$1500 turntables as well. Marantz has one that's right at your limit and was reviewed positively, the 15S1, with a Clearaudio cartridge included; you may be able to find it for less. Even NAD offers a turntable now. So there's plenty to choose from. Enjoy the hunt.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks