View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
I would think that the irregularities of the stone should work as diffusers.
Some speakers are designed in a way that diffusers are desired/required (MBLs for example). So the kind of speaker that you own plays a part.

But I would think that stone surface is hard and reflective so that is also a factor.

Everything in your room (room dimensions, furniture, wall and floor treatments, equipment placement, materials, etc.) will affect the sound.
And that is why room correction software exists. Some digital preamps come with that feature.

But you can also add room correction to your existing system via other means such as Roon. With room correction you can have the "look" that you are looking for AND optimize the sound in your (very large) room at the same time.

Fwiw, many of today's SOTA performing arts center use "room correction" software to improve the sound.

I have an MEN220, so that’d be in full use no matter what.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW