View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
Thanks doggiehoser. Interesting that you made the observations about not liking Harbeth until hearing the 30.2 and 40.2. I was under the same impression for years after having listened to the other models. 30.2 and 40.2 (especially Anniversary models) take things to the next level and address some of the shortcomings of previous models.
Agreed. Having auditioned Harbeth many years ago, I was moved but not quite enough to pull the trigger. The slight but not insignificant upgrades have made all the difference to my ears to own a pair and now that I've spent considerable time with them, they are keepers for any foreseeable future. Are they the be all, end all type of a speaker for everyone? Nope, there are plenty of great speakers out there for every taste and budget but they sure do resonate well with my inner music lover and that's more than enough for me. I thought the value on of the 30.2 was simply outstanding. Of course the 40.2 costs substantially more and rightfully so! For some the 30.2 would be a great balance, for others the flagship 40.2 would make more sense! All in all, I think the 40.2 are still a heck of a bargain as compared to the rather insane prices on other speakers that I would be hard pressed to quantify or justify spending that much more on. I've owned enough speakers at various price points to clearly understand and appreciate the value of Harbeth!