View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 PM

An update for those curious about how this Schiit sounds.

This piece changes on a daily basis, the balance between the lows, mids and highs has continued to shift, bass is more prominent now and it feels like things are balancing and stabilizing. A bigger change is in the sense of coherence of the music- rather than hearing each voice and instrument clearly, the added dimension is the sense that the band is playing together, I am not just hearing instruments isolated in space. The context of the musical presentation is more available, whether the recording was dubbed together in a studio or recorded live with an on-the-fly stereo mix.

The other quality I began to hear last night is a sense of inner illumination of the music, the quality I always hear with live music. I am still quite pleased with the Gungnir, and as it continues to unfold I enjoy it more and more.

PS- Unit arrived last Thursday afternoon and has been powered up continually since then. I have maybe 30 hours of play time on the unit.
Schiit URD CD Transport > Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC > Schiit Loki Max EQ > Bryston BP-26 Preampamplifier > Schiit Vidar Power Amp > B & W 805D + JL Audio E112 subwoofers (x2); Power- Shunyata Venom 16; ADD-Powr Symphony Pro & Eau2's; Equitech Son of Q; Cabling- Wireworld IC, Synergistic Research SC, Shunyata PC.