View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:36 AM

Default My second visit to Jérôme

Last Thursday evening I had the opportunity to visit Jérôme (aka Jérôme W) again. This time he invited me to spend the night. Jérôme and Narcisa are very gracious hosts; they really made me feel at home.

My last visit was in December 2011. Since then a lot has changed in Jérôme’s main system. First of all he did a quite a bit of room treatment. He still has the Clearaudio Champion level II (not for long…) and the McIntosh MDA 1000. The McIntosh C1000P, MC2301’s and PMC EB1i’s are replaced.

When I read he changed his EB1i speakers for the Wilson WP8 in February 2012 I was very curious and looking forward to hear them as I never really liked the Wilson sound but Jérôme insisted he also was not impressed with Wilson speakers until he finally heard them properly setup at Jean-Marc’s home.
I was a bit annoyed when soon thereafter he decided to sell his MC2301’s and C1000 as now I would no longer be able to listen to the WP8’s with the same preamp and amplifiers. Now I don’t care about this at all anymore. McIntosh has been replaced with a Shindo preamp and the most powerful Shindo mono-amplifiers. It was the first time ever I listened to Shindo and what sweet music they make…. There was nothing I did not like, it was awesome! MUSIC!

Herewith I thank Jérôme for not only being a terrific friend but also for introducing me to the beauty of Shindo and Wilson. I have a lot of respect for both brands but even more for Jérôme who has built an unusual, probably unique and very musical system. Congratulations Jérôme. Enjoy!