Thread: Yvette
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno2009 View Post
… as mentioned in the other thread, I am on the verge of finally jumping from B&W 802 Diamonds D2 to Wilson. I heard the SabrinaX and liked its tonal balance a lot but thought it was lacking a little bottom end.

I now have a really good offer on the Yvette. It`s supposed to have more slam and bottom end and although I am aware that some think the SabrinaX is better, I find many still prefering the Yvette, especially for that extra slam and bass. Supposed to sound more „grown up“.

Any thoughts on Yvette - specifically? The Sasha DAW are certainly another league - but thats a huge leap financially - I keep asking myself, will the Yvette be such an improvement over the 802s that it will leave me happy for years or will it leave me wondering if I should have gone up to the DAW within a few weeks… what do you think?

It will be my first Wilson.
I have owned Yvettes for about five years and continue to find them very satisfying, indeed. Improvements introduced into my system have been easily heard, so they are revealing without being fatiguing. When the source material warrants, they can easily project an image over 20 feet wide. They have definitely lived up to the many very positive reviews. Although the voicings are similar, the SabrinaX is not 'better' than the Yvette with the later possessing better base response. If one is willing to invest in the Acoustic Diodes intended for the Yvette, the improvements in the base through midrange and imaging are very quickly discerned and their use make the Yvettes very competitive in their price range. The DAW's are better still, of course, but cost substantially more money. Highly recommended!

Of course, I have no inside knowledge of an impending upgrade of the Yvette.

YMMV.

Bob
__________________________________________________ _________
Sources: Clearaudio Jubilee MC/Clearaudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9” and Professional Power 24V; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes with Acoustic Diodes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent SBL2 XLR GEN 6 balanced and SSC8 GEN 6 speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Clearaudio Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; L’Art du Son CD treatment.