View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVinoVeritasty View Post
I would genuinely be interested in reading your thoughts on how you believe the product line has evolved over time.

Because you have lived with so many product generations at the same time, you are uniquely qualified to comment on how the line has changed over time. Your experience is far different than many owners who have owned different generations, one generation at a time. I've read lots of comments about tweeters and kevlar and diamonds and continuum, but never a post by someone who has them all -- and what are the pros and cons by generation. The generational naming thread came close, but I don't recall discussion of what each generation worth owning.

If you decided to post your generational observations of the pros and cons, my guess is many -- including me -- would be very interested in reading. I'll stock up on popcorn, just in case you do!
I too am interested in reading such a disquisition. I owned and greatly enjoyed the Matrix 801 S3 for 20 years, moving to the 802D3 in 2015. I think that the D3 sounds better in my room than did the 801s, but I cannot tell you why or in what manner with confidence, since I sold the old brutes immediately after setting up the new speakers. I always recommend used Matrix 801s to friends who are interested in great sound for little money.