View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 10:31 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioquest4life View Post
Joining the Sigma NR2 club. After reading and waiting in the wings for a while, finally decided to reach out to the one and only “Masterlu”:and order a quad of the Sigma NR2s which will plug into my McIntosh MC2301 amps and my dual power supply Aesthetix Eclipse phono stage.

Will provide updates and impressions once they arrive. These will be an upgrade from Shunyata Black Mamba’s and Anacondas that I have been using for years.

Question: I have a set of B&K Precision 1621A power supplies that power the field coils on my Classic Audio T1.5 speakers. I am using regular power cords but have the urge to upgrade those if it is a viable thing to do. And if so, what Shunyata power cords would be good for those power supplies?

Link here: https://www.bkprecision.com/products...er-supply.html

Thanks in advance.
Given the B&K's do the conversion to DC to power your field coils, I'm thinking something along the lines of the Venom NRv10 might be a good bet for the power supplies.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.