View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 12:31 AM

Sorry David, i don't mean to steal your post, for some reason I am not allowed to post a new thread. I have a question related to Accuphase product.

Can you please enlighten me? What is the difference between a Power Distributor vs. Power Conditioner? My basic understanding is that the

Power Distributor acts as a fancy power strip, with the purpose that it extends the power you get from wall outlet to multiple outlets. Sort of a "do no harm" approach, they generally don't have much going on inside, perhaps a bit of filtering and/or basic surge protection but that's about it.

Power Conditioner on other hand is a complex electronic unit that has a toroid to decouple power from the grid completely, filtering and noise rejection, along with excellent surge protection.

So I have a Shunyata Delta 6 Power Distributor. Can I use it together with the Accuphase PS-1230 or I can only choose either one. Below is what I was thinking...would this be a logical thinking and practical way to do.

Wall Power Outlet (I installed Furutech GTX-D NCF(R)) ---> Shunyata Power Distributor ---> Accuphase PS-1230 ---> Everything else connect to the PS-1230 (C-3900, A-75, Naim NDX2/555 PS DR Streamer)