View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 02:30 PM

I'm a Sonus Faber Amati Futura owner as well, and placement indeed can be tricky. However, for me it just took two hours. No bass issues at all here- coming from the Olympica III before, the Amati's give me a bass so rich, deep and wide (yes, wide) it makes my couch lift from the floor sometimes. So if you have bass issues, there must be something else the matter. Does your amp provide enough power? I'm using a Mark Levinson 336 and it provides enough juice.

One thing however that made my Futura's really shine- cables. The Futura's just love silver cables. And I don't just mean speaker cables. I mean all cables. I've upgraded all cables to solid silver. At first just the speaker cables and the interlinks. But it was only when I also upgraded the power cables to silver that the 3D imaging became absolutely stunning. You are totally immersed in the music in when listening to electronic. And when listening to acoustic recordings the placement is in front of you, not in your face, but beautifully placed with a lot of depth. And I mean, a lot.

Strangely, when I was using only silver speaker cables and interlinks, I didn't enjoy the placement. Too much in your face. I almost concluded that silver was not my thing. So when going silver, don't ignore the importance of your power cables.

Last edited by Arcee72; 02-15-2021 at 03:51 AM.