View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_hifi View Post
Serge, cannot agree more, those GT3s live a happier life on the track

Assume one reason they are quite popular on track days is that they are more cost efficient than dedicated racing cars, and therefore appealing to the occasional gentleman driver.
Joel, all depends of course. Much cheaper than a "dedicated race car" but a "track car" does not have to be a $150k-280k machine either.

The dual nature/purpose of a GT3 is hard to resist for the enthusiasts hitting the track often. Brilliant on the track and is actually a pretty good street car if one is a true enthusiast willing to sacrifice a bit of comfort and being aware of the ground clearances (front end lift helps).

Being in a GT3RS with PDK (the only choice that gen) was not my cup of tea so I sold my RS. Perhaps if I did not own a few GT3s with manuals before the RS, I would have been more enthusiastic.

Of course if one is to track the GT3/GT3RS often or seriously trying to improve lap times, PDK is the only way to go. It's a faster car all around with PDK.

The manual is the ultimate expression of a weekend toy and leisure/spirited drives on the twisty, country/back roads as the PDK is also way better for traffic and daily commutes.

Good to have choices. Time is running out for these toys. They will all entertain us in total silence soon.