View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmm View Post
Hi ,
I'm new to this site, but have been reading bits n pieces from time to time.
I have a question which I hope someone can answer or help with.
I have an Olive 4HD which still works , however I updated my iMac to BigSur and inadvertently took out firefox which was allowing access via maestro.
I can still access Olive using screen and I wish to back up my Library via the rear USB.
I'm not super literate with all this, but am I going to have a problem with USB versions ?
I can't find what version the USB out on the olive is ?
Will I be able to purchase an SSB USB to back up to, and if / when my Olive fails, what are my options.
I was thinking maybe a Vault 2i ?
Assuming I'm able to back up the Olive to a USB ,will I be able to download that content into , say Vault 2i ?
Apologies if these questions are obvious to some. I would really appreciate some knowledgeable assistance,
Thanks in advance,
jayemmm
You should be able to back up the Olive to any USB stick or hard drive - USB is always backward compatible. It is possible that a very large drive may be recognized though - I would use no larger than the hard drive on the Olive. Olive uses a very proprietary way to store the music meta-data (i.e. tags) - how big is your library? I 'jail-broke' mine early on, and then moved on from Olive.
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.