View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduman View Post
hi,

i, too, own the k-01 and previously had the x-01 with the g25u re-clocker. i am overall very happy with the k-01 which was a huge upgrade over the x-01.

i remain partial to outboard clockers notwithstanding the added cost of not not only the clock unit itself but also the cabling. (i have opus mm2 throughout and would not have used anything less for the g-01)

peering inside my k-01 the other day, i identified the stock crystal unit as a 33.8688 Mhz part, made (possibly) by Crystek. (see pic).

I was wondering if anybody has had any luck replacing this part.
mcduman,

Welcome to AA! Sorry, but I've never had the "hood" up on either my K-01 or G-01. But I'm always glad to hear of another happy K-01 owner. Its really remarkable how much flexibility and performance Esoteric packs into one chassis! AS good as the K-01 alone sounds, though, adding the G-01 clock really raises the bar! I can understand why you prefer the outboard clocks! Ted.

Magico Q3 plus S-Pods, Spectral DMA-500AR, DMC-30SV pre, Esoteric F-03a, Esoteric S-05, Esoteric P02X, N-01XD,
Cybershaft OP21A-D, Roon Nucleus Plus w/S-Booster LPS, Uptone Audio EtherRegen w/ LPS-1.2, MIT Oracle MA-X V2's, Oracle SHD-120 V2, Shunyata Sigma Clock 50’s, Sigma Ethernet’s, Alpha USB-V2, Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 HDMI's, MIT Oracle Z-III PC's, Z Power Bar Conditioner, Coherence Systems ADD-Powr Sorcer X4, EAU2, Furutech Flux 50 filters, GTX-D rhodium outlets, service sub panel w/ 4-30 amp dedicated circuits, Stillpoints Ultra 6, Ultra 5, Ultra SS, HRS Damping Plates, Cable Isolators, Sony XBR75ZH8.