View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Crumhorn,
You can use whatever power cable you want with the Marantz. I use 3 prong cables and they can certainly bring improvements. I'm using an Audioquest Dragon at the moment, and also have been using the Acrolink/Esoteric 7N-PC9700 and both bring significant gains in sound quality to my ears. Use the stock power cable to establish a baseline for comparisons.

With regard to suggestions about a Modwright Oppo, my experience was 180 degrees different. I'll never blow money on a modded unit from anyone, again. The stock 105 was way better than the Modwright version, for me. My lesson was just buy a better player to start.

I'm confident the Marantz would destroy both players given that I like the Marantz better than the Oppo UDP-205 which I greatly preferred over the BDP-105.

I listened to the stock settings for awhile, but eventually changed the settings to this:
headphone amp: OFF
Filter: 2
Dither: 1
Noise Shaper: 4th-1

I found this combo to give the best balance of focus, clarity, and musicality in my system.
How would you fit a three prong female connector power cable into a two way AC inlet on the Marantz? It wouldn't fit, would it?

I myself am using all Shunyta Sigma power cables for all my components but all my components have three way AC inlets, unlike the Marantz.