View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 08:51 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
I just placed my order for a Chinook and am looking forward to the experience of what post-C2300 phone pre will be like. I was always satisfied with the McIntosh phono stage but have also been curious what an outboard stage could reveal. My cartridge is an Ortofon Cadenza Black. I will start the resistance at 100 ohms and listen from there. Any other Cadenza Black owners care to share their phono stage setting?
Use the Cadenza predecessor, the Kontrapunkt-b, with my Cary phono-preamp. Was going to go with the Chinook, but the fact that it has only a single set of inputs meant switching cables to go back and forth between the MM TT & MC TT, which only needs a flip of the switch with the Cary. EveAnna Manley was happy to provide the schematic and info on where to make the connections if I wanted to add a second set of inputs and a switch. Certainly a great 'before sale' service offer, but decided to go with the Cary to match the SLI-80. Am also using 100 ohm loading. The flexible load settings and the quad of 6922s of the Chinook almost sold me on it. Should be a great choice. Will guess that you will be pleased with what you hear. Please keep us posted. Some great 6922s out there to roll in.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag