View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Sounds like a fun car.

For me it's a matter of taste, as the Turbo S and the GT cars are pretty difficult for mere humans to get anywhere near the limits of.

In all the performance cars I've had in my stable, I doubt I've even crested anywhere near the limits of either of them. As I've moved up the food chain, I'm further from the limits of the car.

I prefer the Turbo S to the GT cars because I can bring the kiddos in the back, its super fast, and can do well in the canyons, around town, and on the track.

I'd love me a GT-3rs, that I could drive around and really open up on the track, but the "all-rounder" benefit of the Turbo S has that on my list pretty high. I also like a convertible, so Turbo S is the only choice for me.
Yes, the 911 Turbo's are great for the street but not very competitive on the track compared to a GT-3. A lot of cars are great for the street as Steve Millen would say it's not a matter of how fast you can go but how fast you go. As a POC driving instructor in SoCal, mine is primarily used for the track. I have about 200 days of track driving experience and it is very humbling.

Me driving my 996 GT-3 with the Porsche Recaro seats, Porsche roll bar, and fire extinguisher.

https://www.youtube.com/user/davemill8

Dave

Last edited by DaveM; 03-26-2021 at 12:35 AM.