Thread: new 4312s
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbites View Post
As an update.

The 4312's woofers have loosened up a bit. Initially i had to dial down the mid and high attenuators as they were overpowering the woofers at low to mid volume levels. Now it seems that the woofers have loosened a bit, i know the woofers will have more play in due time. The Mc275's are terrific in pushing the JBL's. I always had the mistaken notion that the tube amps were for detailed, jazzy music. I don't think so now.

I just played Hall & Oates, McHammer, Queen, dePeche, Vanilla Ice and some of my kids' Zedd music on the 4312 and Macs and they really do rock. Maybe its a placebo effect but seemingly the JBLs rock more than the Sonus Grand Pianos.

This changes my perspective, i was supposed to keep the JBL's and Grand Pianos in different areas of the house. But now I'm thinking of selling them both and getting higher model JBLs using the combined funds. Oh well we soldier on.

I just got a pair of 4312E's. Essentially brand new, with very little use and very little break in. I'm having to do the same thing regarding dialing down the mid/high controls for now. Still sound great. Driving them with a McIntosh MC2300.

How did you find placement and directionality? I find that they are a little more touchy then my 4412's, but that could be symptom of break in. Once placed correctly for my room though, imaging is quite good.