Thread: Strads!
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
Dave,

Congratulations on your new Stradivarius speakers. Needless to say, I am a bit jealous even though I’ve never heard the Strads except briefly at shows. I currently own the Amati Futura and even though I’m very happy with them, after reading all the positive reviews about the Strad, I wish that I would have been in a position to audition them when they were still in production. By the time that I got my wife to let me buy a new pair of new speakers, the Strad was already out of production and not available at my local dealer. Incidentally, my dealer carries both Sonus Faber and Wilson, but they highly prefer Wilson in their top-of-the-line stereo setups. SF is mainly relegated in their lesser Home Theater rigs. I have to admit though that I’m not a fan of the new SF Tradition series and neither my wife or I care about Wilson even though they are highly regarded. Oh well, I guess that it’s different strokes for different folks.

Again, super congratulations on your new purchase
Thanks, I appreciate the congratulations. I loved my Amati Futuras, but my room is very large and I was missing some scale and bass impact. The Futuras would have been perfect in a smaller room. Having owned both Wilson and SF, I appreciate both lines although their perspective on making music is different.

Buying 10 year old Strads used was a bit of a gamble, but in this case it paid off for me.

Regards,

Dave
SF Stradivari, Aric Audio Motherlode XL preamp and Super KT Parallel amps; Pass XP 27, Raven One TT, Graham Phantom II arm, Lyra Etna Lamda, Airtight PC1, Bryston 3.14 DAC, Transparent Reference & Wireworld, dedicated treated room 17 X 34 X 9