View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbkk View Post
Before you bought the 802D3, have you compare them with 803D3? From the other forum. New Bowers and Wilkins 800 series... - Page 3

It is interesting to learn that 802d3 would have all drivers a good blend beyond 9'10".

So I sent a message to Patrick of B&W asking him. What would be the 803D3? I have auditioned the 802D3 and I was in awed, but not sure if the new 802D3 would be too big for my room or not. One of the B&W told me so.

My room size is 19feet across (speakers along this wall), 17 feet deep, and 8'3" high. It is a dedicated room with brick and cement floor and wall with floor to floor carpet. My listening position is around 4 feet from the back wall. It is around 10 feet from the speakers. Will be driving them with MC2301 a tube 300W monoblocks.

Would love to hear your veiw.
My listening room is smaller than yours (18"x12.5") and the speakers are on the long wall. I sit about 9ft from them and don't find them too large for the room at all, nor have I found any issues with the integration of the drivers. The integration of the mid and tweeter is more seamless with this new series I find.

I will be moving the speakers to a dedicated room (15' x 20') sometime in the near future so cant wait for that!