View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Maybe if you like 4ohm, just stick with it?

That would seem obvious wouldn't it Joey and possibly where I will end up. Unfortunately I find this to be a true passion vs a casual hobby, as I'm sure you also do, and have always listened with a critical, (more than I would like at times), ear. The problem is having the option to easily change taps, and where my head goes at the first listen of something that either sounds a bit too dark, "need to be connected to 8 ohm taps", or to bright, "wonder how this would sound on 4 ohm taps?" If there was a very subtle change in tone, that would be the clear answer. So the problem remains that I really do like the sound from both, almost to the point where I have two sets of speakers. This began as trying to find an answer to taming the high frequencies at 8 ohms, having reached the conclusion that was the connection these speakers needed. I guess now, after re-connecting to 4 ohms I've been reminded on that particular connection, there isn't any tweaking required, even if it isn't 100% ideal on all recordings all the time.
Really appreciate your feedback on this topic. It may be an issue specific to the CM10's also. It would be great if another CM owner would weigh in on this.
How are the 802's sounding at this point?