View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BlindMice View Post
Parabellum... Hmmm, as in Luger? I'd love to get my hands on the "Han Solo" pistol, that being the Broom Handle in 9x19 specifically and not that weird .30 cal chambering...
In any case, just look up Audio Research's phone number and speak to their Tech Dept dude. He's cool; unfortunately, I forgot the fella's name. They'll straighten you out. As another off topic, on a whim, I tried some Synergistic Research orange fuses; they made an audible difference I'm good with, but then again, my tolerance in cost for a small improvement is a little bit higher than most so if your tolerance is next to a big fat doughnut (meaning zero), then the orange fuse might not be for you. As they say, YMMV.
Nope
Parabellum from its latin roots as in "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum".
Basically, if you want peace, prepare for war. But you know that I am sure.
I have this nick name since 1997 I think where at the time I was in college and was an avid computer gamer. I was playing Warcraft II, which I found the nick name to fit the game. Never changed this name ever since.

Yes, I have 6 blue fuses installed in my amplifier. I tried the Orange frist in my DAC (Bryston BDA-3) but I had to remove it as I found the sound so extended it was hard on my ears. I have a slight loss of hearing on my left one and if the sound is too extended as it was, I get disturbed by it.
Though, the level of detail it brought was breathtaking. I could hear all those tiny minutes details like the finger nails scratching the guitar wires. When I put back the original fuse I was like, meh..
The second one I tried was the main fuse in my amplifier. The results were not quite as dramatic but I found the sound to be on the leaner side. Like, less meat on the bones. I prefered the original fuse in this case.

I wish to purchased the DSi200 as it seems to fit my preferences. I also like the idea to easily swap a fuse to improve the sound further more. This amplifier is now 10 years old so I would feel less guilty to do it. The fuse I wish to try with this amplifier is the Audio Magic Ultimate Premier. I am afraid the purple from Synergistic will be too much for my ears.