View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
The only way that I know of to do this is to either (1) rip the DSD to DSF files and play those back via JRiver, Roon, Audirvana, etc. or (2) get a D-BOB to take the HDMI feed from a player and output DoP* over coax to your DAC/player.

D-BOB review in May Stereophile.

*DoP = DSD Over PCM.

Hi Kal,

I recently acquired the DBOB and am very pleased with its performance for the price, even with an inexpensive hdmi cable (from oppo 203 to DBOB) and an equally inexpensive optical cable from the DBOB to a TotalDac d1-12 MkII dac.

My interest in getting the DBOB was to use the oppo203 for musical bluray discs (and SACDs - My Kalista transport doesn’t okay SACDs) through the higher performing HDMI out while keeping the TotalDac for playback.

So far I’m pleased with the results and plan to upgrade the cables on the oppo-DBOB configuration and possibly even the oppo 203 itself.

My question is whether you were able to do an apples-to-apples comparison with the oppo UDP-205/DBOB combo versus an SACD transport, both playing an SACD disc and putting out a digital signal to the same DAC?

Thanks