View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 09:14 AM
Member of the Music Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_hifi View Post
Looking back at 2020:

Music Room:

- Jul: received the SweetVinyl SC-1 Mini/Phono, using it for the clicks and pops removal function/algo
- Jul: acquired the Innuos Zenith Mk3 streamer/server/ripper, replacing the Auralic Aries which was moved to the Library
- Aug: subscribed to Roon, what a game changer!
- Aug: had the Studer A807 RTR tape recorder serviced
- Sep: upgraded the DAC from Ayon S-3 to a (used) Ayon Stealth
- Oct: sold the Nagra 300p amp to a gentleman who replaced the stock JJ tubes with a quad of Elrog 300B, bringing the unit to the next level
- Oct: got the Pass Labs XA30.8 (used), now in rotation with the Goldmund Telos 280, for a different kind of amp flavour

Library:

- Jul: the Auralic Aries coming from the Music Room replaced an Aries Mini
- Aug-Sep: picked up on the used market 2 pairs of bookshelf speakers in excellent condition: ProAc's SM100 & Dynaudio's Special Forty, both now in rotation with the Harbeth 30.1 35th Anniversary (which remain my favorite)

And all year long been enjoying great music through those wonderful systems
- Dec: to close the year just purchased from a dealer a pair of demo Magnepan 1.7i

Heard various Maggies in various systems (including at my buddy who runs both 3.7s and 1.7s on Class D monos with tube preamps) but never owned any. Pretty happy to get the chance to experience them, 1.7s should be a good starting point. Glad I kept the Goldmund Telos 280 power amp 2x160W/8Ω as I understand they are rather power hungry. And let's see how they will perform with the Class A Pass Labs XA30.8

Physical pick up early Jan so this may count as a 2021 resolution
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser