View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 03:10 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_hifi View Post
Looking back at 2020:

Music Room:

- Jul: received the SweetVinyl SC-1 Mini/Phono, using it for the clicks and pops removal function/algo
- Jul: acquired the Innuos Zenith Mk3 streamer/server/ripper, replacing the Auralic Aries which was moved to the Library
- Aug: subscribed to Roon, what a game changer!
- Aug: had the Studer A807 RTR tape recorder serviced
- Sep: upgraded the DAC from Ayon S-3 to a (used) Ayon Stealth
- Oct: sold the Nagra 300p amp to a gentleman who replaced the stock JJ tubes with a quad of Elrog 300B, bringing the unit to the next level
- Oct: got the Pass Labs XA30.8 (used), now in rotation with the Goldmund Telos 280, for a different kind of amp flavour

Library:

- Jul: the Auralic Aries coming from the Music Room replaced an Aries Mini
- Aug-Sep: picked up on the used market 2 pairs of bookshelf speakers in excellent condition: ProAc's SM100 & Dynaudio's Special Forty, both now in rotation with the Harbeth 30.1 35th Anniversary (which remain my favorite)

And all year long been enjoying great music through those wonderful systems

Wow Joel, quite some changes!
I'm curious about your experience with the Special Forty. I heard it only once but was impressed.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables