View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 06:18 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
With a great offer from MasterLu, I am now the proud owner of a new Shunyata Everest. It has replaced my Denali 6000/S v2 which I thought was incredible. Incredible until I connected the Everest. Holy cow! Not sure I have ever heard one component make such a monumentally positive impact from the first moment it was connected.

My new Everest is connected to a dedicated 20 amp circuit via a Shunyata Sigma XC power cord. It is powering my Bricasti M21 Pre/DAC, Antipodes K-50 server and JL Audio CR1 crossover. My mono amps remain connected direct to individual 20 amp circuits. I have connected 12 gauge copper wires from the M21 and both M28 monos to their own CGS terminals on the Everest. I did this before powering everything up. No turning back now. I intend to connect the Antipodes K-50 to a CGS terminal once I confirm a few things with Antipodes.

Immediately after queuing up Jacqueline du Pre playing the Elgar Cello concerto I could hear something positive had occurred. Everything about that piece was better. Huge and more cohesive soundstage, inner detail and more texture/weight on the cello. Moving to Brombo from David Bromberg, the dynamics of the initial drum solo was off the charts and the bass was fuller and cleaner than ever. This is a part of the musical range I spend a good deal of time on. The improvement was fantastic.

I could go on but suffice it to say this may be the most impactful ‘component’ level improvement I have made to any system I have ever owned. Perhaps more than moving to my old Strads or even my new Kharma dB-11S.

If you are on the fence, talk to Ivan. He pulled some strings as usual and delivered my unit quickly. Couldn’t be happier.
Yep, sounds right. The "precision" of imaging of individual instruments is also better, along with deeper blacks in the "spaces" between instruments in the soundstage.

Wait 'til you have one of those "quasi-trance-like" like musical experiences one evening now that Everest's installed.

Speaking of ground cables, at some point connect an Sigma CGC cable from your Bricast pre and amps to the GP-NR terminals of Everest. The clarity, focus, imaging precision and depth will be improved, and the noise floor will be...even lower, amazingly enough.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 06-10-2022 at 06:21 PM.