View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 07:25 AM

Welcome to AA asquaretail! I had a similar experience with the Sopra 2 speakers as have some others I've communicated with. When I first heard them at a dealer's I found them to be very 'impressive' sounding with great dynamics and extension, but in a short time I found myself growing tired and fatigued by their sound. I like to feel relaxed and drawn into the music the longer I listen, and this wasn't the case with the Sopra 2s. I then had the Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolutions moved into the room and found them much more to my liking. The highs were much sweeter and there was an intimacy about them that was completely lacking with the Focals. So as you stated we all have different tastes and desires of what we expect from our speakers, and there are many that find the Sopras to be exceptional. System matching is also a major consideration as you pointed out as well. The Dynaudios are superb speakers and I can certainly understand your being pleased with them, I hope you get many years of enjoyment with them!