View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 05:44 AM
Semi-audiophile

Another trend of note, which I'm sure others can relate to, is that as my stereo got better my musical curiosity expanded. That trend has cooled off in time, but I became open to exploring. My musical curiosity isn't what it once was, plus I've gotten older and life is more stressful.

It may be too that the focus shifted to the equipment along the way. It wasn't always "I wonder what this music is like?" but "I wonder how that would sound on my stereo?" Now that the stereo is where it's going to be pretty much, the trend might revert to curiosity about music. It's easy to get equipment-focused as one reads the magazines and reads about the experiences of others and their equipment pursuits, and I think that's begun going back the other way for me. A good thing.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks