View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 03:58 PM

I have listened to several Wilson speakers and, while they did some things great, I felt as though I was listening to a stereo and not wowed. My wife would leave the room after a song or two. I had some vintage Mac speakers, which I liked, and some Sonus Faber's, which I also liked but they were rather polite. I thought I was just not listening to the Wilson's correctly or was too much of a hack amateur to appreciate them. Then I heard Rockport Technology speakers and realized what the Wilson’s were missing. Rockports played music and the Wilson’s missed the music by that much. I describe it to my non-music loving friends as, to me, Wilson are the technical prodigies on an instrument. They can make the instrument do amazing things perfectly. Then the musician comes out and reveals their soul through the instrument and moving music is heard. I think this is why some singers with horrid voices are so engaging...they reveal their soul. Think Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, and Leonard Cohen.

The above are my opinions only. If their was a perfect sound pleasing to all, there would only be one stereo brand.