Thread: MvX upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 09:57 PM

I have a brand new S250 with the MvX upgrade. I got very lucky; I was waiting on a regular S250, using a loaner S250, for a few months. My dealer asked me last month if I wanted the MvX version (for some extra $$). I said yes.

So, I've had the standard S250 in my system for a few months, and yesterday installed an ice cold S250 / MvX. It's a big difference. First thing I noticed was added space, air, and scale. Then I noticed additional resolution. Then I noticed some serious torque/grip. For me, it feels like I moved into a new, better, line of gear -- not just a tweak. For those of you like me, who moved from the Progression amps to Momentum, it was like that.

I could go on; but I hate reading posts like this ("OMG; it's soooo awesome. And now, let me show you how many audio-adjectives I've learned.") I'll just say this: after some recent weeks of fiddling with various cartridges, SUTs, phono stages ... and pulling my hair out at times ... my 2-second reaction when I turned on this S250 was "Hey, dumbass, amps are pretty damn important." IOW, the diff was way bigger than the analog close-calls I had been fiddling with.