View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey View Post
Don't misunderstand me, I'm a huge fan of the O96's, and if I didn't already own the Silverbacks, I'd probably have a pair. I'm familiar with the system you're listening to, it's awesome. I know the system I listen to, it's awesome. But there are differences I find worth discussing, but it is all relative. Perhaps that was lost in my original post.

So, please don't twist my words. If I find the S'backs more "intimate", it doesn't mean I think the O96's aren't. If I find the O'96's better for "rock", it doesn't mean I think they are a "one trick pony". I didn't even say they were "disappointing", I just offered fair warning to others not to expect too much out of the box. Believe it or not, some may find that "just a little disjointed, lacking cohesion" to be disappointing.
Agreed we are both talking about preferences here, not that one speaker is better than another and from what I have read/heard the Silverbacks and the O96's are amazing, but read your post, you did say "disappointing out of the gate". I didnt twist your words. Also, I have never owned a speaker that sounded great out of the box. They all take time to open up.

In the end we both have superb systems with different attributes, there is always more than one way to skin a cat. No disrespect intended. Have a great weekend...