View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 07:09 PM

Default New TT?

Hello to you all,

I currently use a Rega P6 with the Ania cartridge, connected in the MC input of my McIntosh C52. The C52 preamp is feeding an MC462 power amp, connected to a pair of Wilson Audio Sabrina.

I am quite new in the TT world, two years since I bought my TT and start collecting vinyls. I really enjoy the medium and the mastering done for it.

I believe I have a good hearing, but for your information, I can't hear a difference between a Spotify (320kbps) and Tidal Lossless. I think that the difference will lie in a different mastering or a signal manipulation, if a difference is noticeable. But I can definitely hear a difference between the C52 DAC and the RME ADI-2 DAC, streaming the same source (of course), and prefer the RME. And I am not the type of guy upgrading my ethernet cable to have better sound...

I really enjoy the RP6, but I am wondering what would be the difference between it and the HW-40 or the VPI Prime.

I recently started looking at Oracle Delphi. The factory is an hour drive from home, but then I was thinking about the look of it and how I would probably prefer something more sober like the SME Model 12, the VPI Prime or the Rega P10.

The HW-40 seems fun to operate. The power supply is integrated, there is not belt and maintenance seems easier on a direct-drive TT.

Is it day and night between TT, is it more a question of taste ? Will I have to have a separate Phono preamp or the C52 built-in is good enough for a higher-end TT?

Do you have some advice ? Thought ?

Will I get something more from another TT than the RP6, knowing my audio gear?

Thank you !