View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubla36 View Post
Well... my Delta Sigma hypochondria led me to trade in my MEN220 on the theory that it was introducing DS back into the path. Listening with the Gumby, overall I preferred it without the MEN220– tonally/sharpness. Spatially, it sounded better with the MEN220. It could have been in my head. I had also changed axis of the room and added treatment so the MEN220 added less than it had. If there were an R2R version I’d be sorely tempted.

You’d need to consult more knowledgeable people here to see if they think there could be any signature added by the MEN220 A-D-A conversion. 24 bits is a lot of resolution.
I concur on the MEN220 with Schiit. I demoed it with system below--better transients/bass (which is probably what you describe as "spatially.."), but lost sparkle on the high end (your "tonality/sharpness"). I returned it without buying